Topsoil.co.uk sources environmentally ethical products and through its environmental permits and waste management licences, recovers certain materials to manufacture sustainable landscape products to a high standard. As such, Topsoil.co.uk recognises and accepts that concern for the environment is an integral and fundamental part of its business strategy and operating methods.
The Board of Topsoil Direct Ltd will ensure that the Environmental Policy is reviewed annually and implemented throughout the company.
We are committed to:
- Assessing the environmental impact of all historic, current and future operations.
- A programme of continual environmental improvement and developing products and processes with a minimal environmental impact.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant Environmental Legislation, other environmental regulations and standards of relevance to the industry sectors in which we operate.
- The prevention of pollution and reducing any impacts of our operations on the environment and local community.
- Developing objectives and targets to manage all potentially significant environmental aspects, monitoring the progress of these targets and reviewing them on a regular basis.
- Utilising recycled and sustainable materials and developing markets for recycled products wherever possible.
- Operating and maintaining plant and equipment to minimise environmental impact.
- Ensuring that information relating to the environmental impact of products and processes is available through the company’s supply chain.
- Encouraging suppliers and contractors to implement policies that protect the environment.
- Monitoring waste production (products and packaging) and seek to Reduce, Reuse and Recycle waste where possible.
- Working to reduce the environmental impact of the distribution of our goods by working with quality hauliers and continuing to ensure that we maximise the available space and weight on vehicles delivering our products.